Geographical Information System (GIS) Lead Developer - 2018-02-14
US Tech Solutions is seeking a “Geographical Information System (GIS) Lead Developer" for a 12+ Months Contract position with a client in New York, NY.
- Assist the Geospatial Technology and Application Development Office with system development geospatial technology related initiatives.
- Create innovative cutting-edge customer-centric GIS solutions for use by the business; This includes dynamic dashboard and scorecard and user interface design;
- Take ownership of all components of ESRI’s Enterprise technology stack from the web application layer to the Geodatabase and all the layers in the middle;
- Create maps from data sourced from various operational data sources and publish them for custom GIS web apps, mobile and custom application consumption;
- Develop FME data flows to do spatial ETL and near-real-time current and historical data;
- Develop complex geo-processing services to determine the relationships between the various GIS layers;
- Develop stream services and publish real time spatial data for GIS web applications;
- Play a very strong hands-on role in the implementation of the GIS platform in an organization that has firmly adopted Agile project management processes;
- Experience is developing applications using ESRI Roads & Highways module
- Deployment and configuration of end user applications which consume ArcGIS Services
- Work in a project team to build, deploy and test enterprise GIS applications on different environments TST, QA, PRD, DR
- Prepare environments for integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing
- Develop and maintain technical and standard documentation for program development activity in a timely and high-quality manner
- Minimum 5-7 years hands-on experience developing and supporting GIS applications with thorough understanding of ESRI geospatial tools and technologies
- Minimum 5+ years of well-rounded business application support & development experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ working knowledge in Railroad and/or Bus operation
- Understanding of working with integrations between GIS, Infor-EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), and other tools;
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of GIS;
- Experience building user friendly mapping applications;
- Experience in deployment of the maps and applications to in-house servers and in the cloud;
- Good handle on troubleshooting GIS related server and FME within VM environments;
- Ability to modify/adapt systems, software configurations, and programs to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
- Experience in desktop / mobile computer support and troubleshooting software related problems
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skill in relating technical information to non-technical personnel Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; a self-starter
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of advanced expertise with MS SQL Server / Oracle for versioned enterprise geodatabase
- Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing GIS web viewers
- Experience in administering/configuring/implementing/customizing Portal for ArcGIS
- Ability to write geoprocessing scripts with Python
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with responsive web design
- Solid understanding of Esri’s product line
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Benefits of Working with US Tech Solutions:
As a US Tech Solutions consultant, we are proud to offer access to the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401k plan
- Account and Delivery Manager for client support
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
About US Tech Solutions:
Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.
You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global
Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.
Connect with our talent team today.
USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated “The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: www.ustechsolutions.com.
“US Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Thank you for your time.
US Tech Solutions
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
US Tech Solutions, Inc
US Tech Solutions is a leading Global Consulting and IT services company, offering a wider range of solutions customized to various verticals and horizontals. We provide system integration and strategic consulting all the way to IT implementation for its customers.As a diverse end to end IT solutions provider, US Tech Solutions offers a range of expertise aimed at assisting customers to compete successfully in the ever changing IT industry. We provide long term solutions with Quality as our main focus. US Tech Solutions is located in Jersey City, NJ. We have our dedicated offshore development centers in Noida, Kolkata and Hyderabad, India.Our solutions include Software Development Services, Engineering Services, Systems Integration, ERP Solutions, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, Product Development, Electronic Commerce, Consulting & IT Outsourcing.