Account Manager - 2018-02-14
What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Digital Account Manager manages internal clients, provides strategic counsel and assists in business development for the .com vertical. A deep knowledge of the digital marketing is ideal for this candidate. An ability to be nimble, organized and strategic is required. Passion for marketing and the creative product is necessary. This Account Manager will work closely with clients, creative counterparts and project managers to ensure the creative work addressed business needs and meets creative excellence expectations. Finally, the AM will ensure project management follow-through and accurate delivery.
Key agency point of contact for aligned .com marketing projects Serve as the .com integration point of contact for the agency to ensure communication and consistency across channels Collaborate with PM team to manage the editorial content calendar Collaborate with creative leads to develop and maintain .com guiding principles to be shared across the enterpriseProvide strategic counsel and develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with client utilizing marketing best practices and channel knowledge.Evaluate creative brief content for completeness and actionable content that will enable the creative team to create on-target deliverables for the client.Responsible for digital channel weekly CMO updates, including supporting analytics Develop leadership level presentations for creative reviews Assumes responsibility for building strong client relationships; resolving conflicts; improving communication; and ensuring customer satisfaction. Serves as the voice within the creative team for the client and facilitates client interaction with the designers and writers as appropriate. Ensures the creative team understands client requirements and perspective and the final output is appropriately aligned. Understand clients’ products, audiences and business objectives and ensures they are applied to client products; collaborates with designers and writers to ensure product delivers on client promises.Reviews products for quality, consistency, accuracy, and advancement of the visual and verbal brand in design reviews, and ensures that consistent image/message is conveyed across the client’s products.Attends sales, strategy, status, project kickoff, and other client meetings. Helps client understand the importance of the brand and marketing objectives.Sets expectations with clients, e.g., when and what they will see next as part of the creative process, budget expectations, solution response expectations, and follow-up process and metrics expectations.Appropriately balances client desires, business needs, marketing standards, and brand identity.Involves direct supervisor as appropriate and alerts him/her to potential challenges and opportunities for the Creative Services team.Works with manager and extended team to develop departmental standard operating procedures, workflows and enhanced infrastructure.
What we’re looking for...
Skills and knowledge required
- Experience within the digital marketing channel, specifically the .com vertical is required.
- Ability to write briefs, work closely with all disciplines within the agency and clients and collaborate.
- Exhibits broad understanding of traditional and emerging channels.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2C and B2B fields.
- Exhibits ability to gain deep knowledge in specific channels or vertical markets as required by specific Client’s business unit and larger organization’s industry.
- Ability to partner with clients to write thorough and actionable creative briefs.
- States opinions clearly and can verbally update clients on project status.
- Reviews the briefs ensuring creative services team fully understand the objectives.
- Leverages research and data to support client business solution strategies.
- Is pragmatic with creative business strategies always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into project management process.
- Adept at crisis management, resourceful and solution-oriented.
- Is an ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on the Company’s brand and its visual and verbal brand identity.
- Executes client requests and project management with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly; spell check was run; and specs, brand, deadlines, and budget were adhered to).
Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in marketing, communications, advertising or business.Minimum of five years of professional level experience; at least two of which are in account management role either in an external or internal agency.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.