Group Leader - Indianapolis, IN - 2018-02-12
Payless ShoeSource is actively seeking to invest in Multi-Unit Retail Managers (Group Leaders) in Indianapolis, IN with positive track records of exceeding targets while cultivating exceptional customer service experiences in stores within the assigned store group.
Multi-Unit Retail Managers/Group Leaders are tasked with ensuring their assigned Stores meet business plans, are effectively staffed with customer- oriented personnel and maintain Company operating standards.
Group Leaders will also mentor, provide guidance and direction to assigned Store Managers, Assistant Managers and Associates through coaching and counseling to ensure effective job performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operational responsibility for your home store and leadership and accountability for 9-12 additional assigned stores
- Achieve Store Profitability by meeting or exceeding the sales, profit and shrink goals established for their assigned Stores
- Be a Model for Customer Service Best Practices while providing guidance and direction to assigned Store Managers and Associates through mentoring, coaching and counseling
- Recruit, interview and hire Store personnel to ensure long-term and short-term manpower planning for the assigned store group
- Train and Develop the leaders of tomorrow by delivering Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and Store Associate training and job performance coaching
- Execute Merchandise Plans by identifying, detailing and communicating merchandise needs to field leadership
- Previous experience supervising a large staff
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others
- Ability to provide coaching to motivate, challenge, inspire, and encourage Associates daily
- Experience utilizing strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be willing to travel with multiple nights away from home
- Ability to lift goods weighing up to 40 pounds a distance of several feet
- Demonstrate exceptional delegation skills
- Must be able to work in various stores outside of assigned group as requested by Supervisor in exception situations such as Store opening, closings, remodels etc
- Opportunities to surpass your previous successes through focused and personalized development training
- A defined career path towards increased responsibility and position movement
- The chance to earn reward and recognition through achievement of results and development of people
- Great discounts on our amazing products
- An inclusive environment that embraces and celebrates diversity
Payless ShoeSource is the second largest specialty family footwear retailer in the world, offering a wide range of fashionable shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company’s mission is simple: Become the Go To, Get More, Pay Less shoe store for our customers. Payless has more than 3,400 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kan. where its global headquarters remains today.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws
Payless ShoeSource is enrolled in the E-verify program in certain states. This program allows an employer to electronically confirm an employee's eligibility to work in the United States after completion of Form I-9. Please refer to the below website and the E-Verification and Right to Work Posters for additional information.