CNC Lathe Setup Machinist content expired - 2018-01-13
CNC Lathe Setup Machinists
At Cogitic Corporation, we build complex assemblies and components for critical applications. The items we produce can be found in nuclear submarines, power plants, aircraft carriers, hydroelectric dams, generators, compressors, aircraft engines, satellites, spacecraft, reactors and other exacting environments.
Located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado, our team of dedicated craftsmen performs work for some of the most demanding customers on Earth. Investing in our people, machinery and systems enables us to compete in these very technical industries- now, and into the future.
A CNC machinist at Cogitic is much more than 'just a machinist.' You will be working on a team with experienced professionals who take pride in their work. As a CNC machinist, you'll be expected to bring manufacturing experience to the table and collaborate on processes, tooling and program strategy. You will also need trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills to work effectively with your colleagues.
At Cogitic, you will get a chance to apply your skills, experience and intelligence to complex manufacturing problems on a daily basis.
There are three primary characteristics that are required to be successful at Cogitic:
- Be smart
- Be driven
- Desire perfection
CNC lathe setup machinists must have the following technical qualifications:
- 8+ years of machining experience
- 5+ years of multi-axis lathe setup experience (sub-spindle, Y axis, milling, etc.)
- Ability to quickly setup mill/turn machines
- Experience with Renishaw probing, for both setup and in-process inspection
- Desired skills and experience:
- Siemens 840D control
- Conversational programming
- HRSA machining (Nickel, Titanium, etc.)
In order to be effective at Cogitic, technically qualified applicants should also have the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn and expand manufacturing expertise
- People and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and not take criticism personally
- Strong character
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Always be looking for a better way to perform a task