Scaleperson content expired - 2018-01-13
Job ID: 127486
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Scale Person (West Lebanon, NH): We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, self-motivated individual to run the truck scale at our West Lebanon, NH facility. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: answering phones/direct calls, greet customers, and operate the truck scales for internal/external materials activities, (i.e., weigh trucks in/out, collect cash for aggregate and hot mix sales, and manage all paperwork involved), process outgoing and incoming mail, and other miscellaneous duties as needed. The selected candidate may also assist with the administrative tasks associated with the West Lebanon facility. Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Must display a courteous and professional attitude when dealing with coworkers and the public.
- Build strong customer relations and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisor with other duties as required.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver’s license.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.