Lineman 1St Class (Special Line Work Unit) content expired - 2018-01-12
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: Lineman
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: MISSISSIPPI BARG - NON-NUCLEAR-M01
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 76048
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Construct, Build and Maintain OH/UG Electric Facilities with primary voltages ranging up to 34.5KV including but not limited to:
- Installation, removal and maintenance of OH/UG primary line facilities and secondary services.
- Installation of OH/UG transformers and the wiring of all types of transformer banks.
- Installation, including the wiring of regulators, capacitors, and reclosers.
- Driving of different sizes and types of trucks.
- Operation of various pieces of equipment, including Aerial Bucket and Digger Derrick Trucks.
- Read and understand job prints and sketches.
- Recognize material(s) and their function.
- Setting and climbing of all sizes of poles in open areas, rear alleys and in energized lines.
- Be available for on call duty and emergency response.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required to have or be able to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License.
- Ability to use physical strength to perform required tasks in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work irregular hours and out of town assignments as required.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to take and understand directives and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to plan and lay out all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to assume a lead role and direct the work of other linemen.
- Required to work safely and follow all Entergy safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn through classroom instruction, OJT and repetitive motions.
- Ability to climb and work off of poles of various heights.
- Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace and have the ability to mitigate the hazards.
- Ability to maintain and care for Company equipment properly and safeguard assets.
- Ability to meet the public in a pleasant and tactful manner and understand the importance of delivering a high level of customer service.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement.
- Demonstrated acceptance of a diverse and inclusive work environment and customer base.
Successful completion of EEI CAST TEST REQUIRED.
Selected candidate must take and pass a Fitness for Duty test as part of pre-employment screening process
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Mississippi
Job Segment: Nuclear, Business Process, Energy, Management