Certified Medical Assistant Job Description content expired - 2018-01-12
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Certified Medical Assistant
report this job
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description
- Performs all duties with active and continuous supervision but not necessarily requiring physical presence of supervising physician at time and place that services are rendered
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
- Maintains exam rooms with necessary supplies and materials
- Ensures cleanliness
- Prepares list of medical supplies needed
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment
- Takes patient histories and vital signs
- Assists with patient 12 lead EKGs and treadmill tests
- Administers prescribed treatments in accordance with AHI standards
- Performs blood draws, establishes IVs Applies Holter and event monitors and processes reports
- Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and patient admissions
- Provides patient education
- Ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures priority is given to patients in emergency situations
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information
- Posts tests and examination results
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned
- CMAs assigned to work with primary nurse groups will assist with the following duties, as delegated by the primary nurse:
- Refill prescriptions
- obtain prior authorization as needed
- Check labs
- Call or send card to patient if results are normal
- If results are abnormal, will refer the results to appropriate nurse/physician
- Check mail boxes/sort
- Discard junk mail as needed according to MD preference
- Preform INR checks, referring results to primary nurse, NP or MD
- Manage RN or walk-in schedule
- Will perform EKG s, VS, INR s, wound checks, suture removals for patients on the daily schedule
- Schedule follow-up appointments
- Manage unscheduled, walk-in patients
- Restock, clean exam rooms
- Escort patients to appropriate areas of clinic
- Assist with recall list , or Past due list in ECIS
- Send reminder cards for labs or appointments, or ask Imaging Scheduler to call patient to schedule tests
- Send transcriptions to referring doctors
- Manage patient concerns via telephone as directed by primary nurse(s)
- Perform ETTs, stress echos and chest x-rays
Anchorage Career Job
Certified Medical Assistant Job Requirements
Qualifications for Certified Medical assistant
- Education Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Minimum: Two years of professional experience in a clinic setting.
- Certificate/License: Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Current CPR certification required, ACLS training an asset.
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
- Applicant will be subject to a background check
- *A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
- You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire
We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Health, dental and vision insurance offered + HOLIDAY PAY! Come Visit Us! Walk-Ins Welcome! Email Us! Call Us! or Text Us!
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
See all Career Jobs | Career Jobs in Alaska | Career Jobs in Anchorage, Alaska