Project Environmental Scientist/Engineer Jobs In Los Angeles, CA content expired - 2018-01-02
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking for a Project Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our Environmental / Hazardous Materials practice in southern California. This position will reside in our downtown Los Angeles office and will help support our strong backlog of assessment, compliance, and remediation work in southern California, across the state and nationally. This is an exciting and challenging position that requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope. Some travel, weekend, and night work required
- Site assessment, risk assessment, and remediation tasks as necessary to support local client base.
- Provide technical expertise on multiple tasks simultaneously within scope/schedule/budget
- Work with the project manager to ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
- Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
- Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
Delivering High Quality Work
- Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality.
- Addresses problems that could impact quality.
- Makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations.
- Does not make the same mistakes twice.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Geology, Industrial Hygiene, Biologist/Toxicologist or other related field required.
- Master's degree or equivalent desired.
- Professional registration desired.
- Risk Assessment and Process Safety Management experience.
- 6-10 years of related experience, demonstrating successful technical execution on environmental compliance programs.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be client focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients' project needs. Focus will be on results-oriented delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation. Must have proficient knowledge of federal, state and local agencies, laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)