Head Of Marketing And Business Development Job Listing At Arup Group In Los Angeles, California (Job ID NEW0000AU-9) content expired - 2016-12-27
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways, developing many of the world's most Innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to inspire our clients.
The Americas Region is seeking a Head of Marketing and Business Development to represent the region in the global marketing community and lead the Americas Marketing team in support of the Region's Business Strategy. In this role, the leader will work collaboratively with our Region Group Leaders and Business Leaders on business development and marketing strategy and execution. The position will provide inspirational leadership to the marketing team and senior internal stakeholders across the Americas Region.
This is a senior leadership position reporting to the Chairman and COO. The successful candidate will be an officer of the Americas Region Board and the Operations Executive, contributing to the broader leadership and strategic direction of the business. The position will be located in either Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, or Toronto.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Lead marketing delivery and execution of key objectives focused on building an effective client relationship program.
- Develop and maintain the region marketing strategy with a focus on external client development.
- Partner with Region Business Leaders to develop business strategies
- Advise on Arup's future growth and investment strategies including new skills, new geographies, and new offerings.
- Oversee the process of identifying and developing strategic opportunities to expand our services that build and reinforce the Arup brand.
- Partner with office leadership to engage and expand our strategic alliances locally and regionally
- Promote thought leadership across the organization on how we “Inspire our clients to thrive in a changing world.”
- Lead and develop a geographically dispersed marketing team by setting clear performance expectations, providing coaching & development, and developing the team as the business evolves.
- Perform on-going and regular assessment of teams' capability and align the team to the needs of the business.
- Manage the development of strategic leads and pursuits
- Represent the region on the client systems group and global marketing committee
- Serve as a region decision maker for Communications and Public Relations
- The ideal candidate will be able to foster and build client relationships through involvement in organizations relevant to our business, and represent the firm at an executive level at external events
- Clear understanding of the private sector, government and agency environments within which our businesses competes and collaborates.
- Ability to both analytically and intuitively understand and manage company risk exposure.
Qualifications and Critical Success Factors:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Marketing, planning, engineering or related technical field is required. MBA or Master's degree in related field a plus.
- Minimum of 15+ years of successful leadership experience; marketing/business development experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years leading and developing geographically-dispersed, diverse teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence and drive change and inspire clients to thrive in a changing world
- Proven ability to establish external client relationships, build and reinforce brand, and provide sound strategic advice to clients.
- Consistently delivers high quality, valuable service to clients
- Proven strategic, commercial and operational business capabilities
- Hands on leader and communicator able to communicate a compelling vision to leadership, employees, and the public.
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking skills, ability to exercise sound judgment
- Possess the seniority, gravitas and credibility to gain buy-in from internal and external stakeholders with the ability to act as a credible representative of Arup at all levels of external and internal interaction
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully and build strong working relationships with Business Leaders and Marketing staff at all levels
- Highly experienced in creating a winning team program and culture.
- A balanced senior leader who understands and anticipates client needs, develops and executes winning strategies and is rigorously involved in risk assessment and budget control.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to execute large-scale project efforts
- Must be confident, self-motivated, highly independent, and proactive, with proven ability to juggle/respond to multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Must be able and willing to travel approximately 30%.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.