Geotechnical Team Leader Job Listing At Arup Group In Los Angeles, California (Job ID LOS000059-9) content expired - 2016-12-05
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects.
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Geotechnical Team Leader. Our team is working on some of the most exciting projects in the region including California High Speed Rail, Crenshaw Line extension and Gerald Desmond Bridge as well as overseas projects including the new Mexico City airport and highways in Columbia.
The successful candidate will have experience in leading geotechnical design teams for major projects in the Southern California region, the US and internationally as well as a track record of growing a team through business development and strategic hiring.
• Working closely with Office, Regional and Global Businesses to enhance and implement business plans that expand Arup's market
• Working closely with our other North American offices, and geotechnical teams, and liaising with our overseas offices on international projects.
• Maintaining Arup's high standards for technical excellence, client care, and the appropriate quality of our deliverables
• Staff resourcing and financial performance of projects managed within the Geotechnical Group and the geotechnical portion of projects for other Arup businesses
• Interfacing with internal and external clients and stakeholders
• Inspiring, motivating and training of team members
• Recruiting geotechnical staff at all levels in response to the business needs
• Develop business opportunities both for projects lead by the Geotechnical Group and for projects lead by other Arup businesses and practices
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
• CA PE and GE (preferred)
• Extensive design experience in the areas of geotechnical design for infrastructure and buildings
• Experience of managing site investigations and laboratory testing.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate work within an integrated multidisciplinary team.
• Understanding of relevant construction techniques available both locally and internationally
• Working knowledge of numerical analysis tools
• Working knowledge of seismic analysis and codes
• High level of self-motivation and of the ability to motivate others
• Comfortable taking the initiative and make decisions
• Superb communication skills with internal and external clients
• Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues
• Language skills – English (required) and Spanish (preferred)
• This role will require travelling within North America and overseas, typically for short periods, to support the delivery of our work.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.