Product Manager, Consumer - Indianapolis Office careerbuilder.com- 2 weeks ago
Angie’s List is seeking an eager and driven Product Manager to join our team in Indianapolis. ANGI Homeservices is the largest home services marketplace in the US; millions homeowners have turned to an ANGI brand to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
As part of our Product team at Angie’s List, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, development, and delivery of the best possible experience that helps homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project. With this specific role, Angie’s List is seeking a product manager with a passion for the homeowner product experience; With an ongoing focus to be tailored to how Angie’s List product can continue to add value for individual homeowners seeking to meet both an initial and subsequent home service needs.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of designers, Engineers and testers to build the best customer experience
- Develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance – specifically user attitudes and behaviors
- Dig into the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential for future growth
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- To constantly advocate for the user and their needs
- At least 3 years of relevant experience: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment with a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A savvy balance of Independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- Comfort with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable past success and career ambition
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/
Consumer Web Product Development
Collaborating with Development, QA, UX
HomeAdvisor is the free and easy way for homeowners to find and connect with trusted home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals. As the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace, we’ve connected more than 30 million homeowners to our network of over 90,000 pre-screened home service professionals since we started in 1999. And, because planning is integral to the completion of any great home project, we also offer design inspiration, budgeting tools and advice. HomeAdvisor is proud to be one of Denver’s Top Places to Work and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).