Local Sales Manager Jobs In Tucson, AZ careerbuilder.com- 4 days ago
Unable to save this job. Please try again later.
Already have an account?
Sign in to apply with your saved resumes.
Sign in and Apply
New to CareerBuilder?
Don't have an account? Continue as a guest!
Apply as guest
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
KMSB/FOX11 and KTTU/My18 , the TEGNA -owned/managed stations in Tucson, Arizona, are looking for an experienced Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for creating and executing a sales strategy that delivers customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including both television and digital. The position requires growing shares of direct, agency, and digital business, as well as creating opportunity to develop significant new business to achieve quarterly and annual budgets. The Local Sales Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading a forward-thinking sales team that successfully works with all levels of the Tucson market's business community. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
This executive will be accountable for local broadcast and digital revenue performance; working both strategically and tactically with other sales executives in the station and division.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives.
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.
- Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new business/enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals
- Review and adjust rates and metrics to monitor sales/market share change.
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling.
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services.
- Coach and lead sales staff by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients and being active in the community.
- Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market and forecast sales and achieve goals.
- Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance.
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Must have proven track record as a broadcast Account Executive or sales manager.
- Four years of sales management in television preferred and digital sales experience is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales, Salesforce, and qualitative data (Scarborough).
- Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
- College Degree required.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Must have proven track record as a broadcast Account Executive or sales manager.
Four years of sales management in television preferred and digital sales experience is a plus
Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Media Sales, Salesforce, and qualitative data (Scarborough).
Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
College Degree required.
Job ID: 3895/3054
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.