5 Axis Machinist careerbuilder.com- 4 days ago
5 Axis Machinist (expert level)
At Cogitic Corporation, we build complex assemblies and components for critical applications. The items we produce can be found in nuclear submarines, power plants, aircraft carriers, hydroelectric dams, generators, compressors, aircraft engines, satellites, spacecraft, reactors and other exacting environments.
Located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado, our team of dedicated craftsmen performs work for some of the most demanding customers on Earth. Investing in our people, machinery and systems enables us to compete in these very technical industries- now, and into the future.
Cogitic requires a lot from our 5 axis machinists. Hard work, team collaboration skills, knowledge of advanced material and continual education. In order to be the best, you need to work everyday to improve your skills. In order to deliver the best to your employer, you need to apply those skills in novel ways- everyday.
At Cogitic, you will get a chance to apply your skills, experience and intelligence to complex manufacturing problems on a daily basis.
There are three primary characteristics that are required to be successful at Cogitic:
- Be smart
- Be driven
- Desire perfection
CNC machinists must have the following technical qualifications:
- 10+ years of machining experience
- Large part machining skills
- Siemens 840D experience
- Ability to setup mill/turn machines
- Experience with Renishaw probing, for both setup and in-process inspection
In order to be effective at Cogitic, technically qualified applicants should also have the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn and expand manufacturing expertise
- People and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and not take criticism personally
- Strong character
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Always be looking for a better way to perform a task