Therapy Tech careerbuilder.com- 5 days ago
Up to 28 hours per week
A non-license worker who is specifically trained under the direction of a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. Performs designated routine tasks related to the operation of outpatient rehabilitation. Tasks performs are delegated by in accordance with the law.
- Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Corporation.
- Follows all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Must perform the scope of work under the supervision and direction of a Physical or Occupational Therapist or Assistant. May function only with the continuous on-site supervision of the PT/OT and where allowable by law and/or regulations the PT/PTA.
- Provides supportive services in the Physical or Occupational Therapy service, which may include patient related or non-patient related duties.
- Assists patients in preparation during all phases of treatment, before treatment as necessary, during treatment, and at the conclusion of treatment.
- Assists in assembling and disassembling equipment in accordance with the training of the Rehab Technician.
- Participates in operational activities, including maintenance in patient related activities. Participation will be dependent upon the discretion of the PT or OT and the applicable state and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with all disciplines as appropriate and attends meetings as required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate care, including principles of growth, development, psychological needs, etc.
- Follows Motus Rehabilitations Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Works as a team member in any clinic location as required.
- Utilizes strong communication, time management, organizational, multi-tasking, and customer service skills necessary in order to complete the tasks at hand.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to patients, Physicians, employees, and guests per the Confidentiality Agreement and Policy.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Prioritizes tasks in order of importance and uses down time in a constructive manner without prompting.
- Maintains quality of work while handling multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Handles stressful situations while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel as well as physicians, supervisors, patients, visitors, and other department areas within the facility.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Communicates with personnel throughout the corporation on a regular basis.
- Recognizes and reports unit problems/issues, using established lines of authority.
- Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other leaning experiences.
- Adheres to all policies and produces.
- Complies with Attendance and Tardiness policies with proper notice of absences and proper arrival and departure times.
- Dresses appropriately in accordance with department policies.
- Attends required departmental meetings to stay current with department changes/updates and educational opportunities.
- Provides/Assists with training and orientation of new staff when applicable.
- Participates in the proper procedures to follow for safety programs, adherences to standard precautions, reports unsafe conditions, and verbalizes occurrences.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Previous experience as a Rehab Tech preferred.
- Experience in an acute, hospital, or rehabilitation setting preferred.
- None required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities