Supervisor, Distribution Nights Job Description jobs.net- 5 days ago
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Supervisor, Distribution Nights
Distribution - Shipping, Inventory, Management
report this job
Supervisor, Distribution Nights Job Description
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Provide leadership and supervision to distribution team members within a specific functional area and/or process.
- Support process manager and/or Sr. Operations manager to ensure timely, accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes.
- Manage team members to ensure compliance with policies/procedures, process improvement, and drive team member initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the Company.
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards.
- Manages day to day scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities.
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on the DC metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into daily processes.
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and ensure 100% compliance with the department’s processes and procedures.
- Have in depth understanding of the department’s DC processes and functions. Identify key variables that influence the workflow process and develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization.
- Develop and implement performance measurements and internal auditing processes to routinely evaluate operations efficiency and quality.
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements.
- Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials are in compliance with government regulations and Grainger policies.
- Verify appropriate training for team members within the department, (Including, not limited to: PIE, HazMat, BCG, EHS).
- Deliver results in support of the company strategy and expectations.
- Supervise, train, and develop approximately 20+ DC team members in non-exempt positions.
- Effectively communicate coaching and corrective action to ensure compliance with policies and procedures while treating team members fairly and with respect.
- Provide timely feedback and development to team members. This includes performance evaluations, recognition and disciplinary action.
- Support and participate in hiring activities within the DC.
- Facilitate and/or lead various teams for improvement, safety and engagement to improvement DC processes and engagement to the building.
- Must be able to meet departmental expectations to effectively drive results.
- Must be able to operate PIE for specific departments (machine picking/put away, etc)
- Must be able to interface with a multi-shift operation with extended hours of operation. 85% time on warehouse environment which may include in the actual flow when needed, 15% office, training, customer contact.
- Will be required to change shifts/hours to meet the needs of the customer and team members. This section contains the level and types of decisions and the impact of the job on the organization. Customer Order Fulfillment $300M up to 1 billion in sales
- Inventory Control $30M up to 125M in inventory
- Sq. Ft. 350K – 1.3M total Sq. Ft. of warehousing • Orders/day 4K -12,000 customer orders/day • Direct Reports 20+ team members
- Replenishment- $ shipped/wk. $5M-$20M shipper per week
- Replenishment- $received/wk.
- $5M-$500M received from suppliers per week This section contains information on working relationship of the jobs. Include job titles only.
- Reports to Manager, Distribution Process and/or Sr. Mgr Operations
- Direct reports may include 20+ team members in non-exempt positions.
- 2-5 years of experience in related field
- Four year degree or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to supervise non-exempt team members.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to interface well with other departments and lead effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems related to distribution, quality, cycle time and key metrics.
- Ability to analyze data to determine paths for process improvement and determine root cause.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively both vertical and horizontal within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills and drive results.
- Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to change.
- Demonstrated competence in the Microsoft Suite, SAP and warehouse management systems
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Fountain Inn Career Job
Supervisor, Distribution Nights Job Requirements
See all Career Jobs | Career Jobs in South Carolina | Career Jobs in Fountain Inn, South Carolina