Security Officer Job Description jobs.net- 1 week ago
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Covenant Aviation Security
Professional Services, Government, Other
San Francisco (Sfo) & Oakland (Oak) Airports
report this job
Security Officer Job Description
About us :
Covenant was founded in 1992 to provide highly trained and motivated protective security forces to government agencies and select commercial customers. Building on Covenant's reputation for first class delivery of high-quality service and cost-effective contract administration, the Covenant companies have enjoyed over seventeen years of growth while extending its core competencies and maintaining an unparalleled commitment to performance.
Covenant has over a billion dollars of successfully contracted history. We currently operate government and commercial contracts in excess of $170,000,000 annually; have more than 2,800 employees; and we’re licensed to provide security services in every state of the U.S., the District of Columbia and the territory of Guam. We have worked in 33 countries, 38 states and Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities of Security Officer :
Covenant is seeking a Full-time Security Officer to perform the following duties:
- Open and close perimeter gates: Follow time schedule established by site procedures.
- Conduct vehicle security checks: conducted in accordance with established site procedures.
- Routine patrols: Perimeter fencing, grounds, parking areas, corridors, offices, courtyards, storage areas, roofs, tank fields, manufacturing areas, and mechanical equipment areas looking for conditions creating a potential for fires, explosions, threats to safety of Company property, personal injuries, loss of assets and safety related conditions.
- Provide escorts and assist motorists within site boundaries.
- On-site parking and traffic enforcement, including radar operation and ticketing.
- Provide Daily Activity Reports and preliminary incident reports.
- Report non-standard conditions:
- Defective lighting - Fence damage
- Broken windows - Any unsafe conditions
- Roadway I parking lot obstructions
- Respond to emergencies, as directed: Fire, medical, assaults, bomb threats, hazardous materials, police actions, panic alarms and building operation hazards, and provide site control during an emergency.
- Make proper notifications as required.
- Special Services: Money escorts, lock/unlock doors, medical transports, people escorts, placement of safety barricades, etc.
- Inspections: Floor inspections, special area checks, safety inspections, security checks, dock inspections, etc.
- To include use of guard tour equipment.
San Francisco Career Job
Security Officer Job Requirements
Requirements for Security Officer :
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Driver's License
- CLEET License
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to be CPR/AED Trained
- Must have basic computer knowledge – MS Office Word Excel e-mail systems
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a random drug screen and background check
- Must be neat well groomed and present a professional appearance
- Basic computer knowledge – MS Office Word Excel e-mail systems a plus
What we offer:
Covenant offers competitive pay and benefits, including:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great working environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
See all Career Jobs | Career Jobs in California | Career Jobs in San Francisco, California