Software Developer Jobs In Los Angeles, CA careerbuilder.com- 2 months ago
Unable to save this job. Please try again later.
Already have an account?
Sign in to apply with your saved resumes.
Sign in and Apply
New to CareerBuilder?
Don't have an account? Continue as a guest!
Apply as guest
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
***No 3rd parties please***
In accordance with company policies and procedures, the Senior Software Developer has general responsibility for facilitating efficient program development and ensuring quality standards within the Programming Department by managing projects, assisting users, vendors, and programmers with project analysis, and training programming staff. This individual will develop and code programs, implement data mapping for system integration, perform Quality Assurance testing, and stay current on programming features and software releases. Writes programs through the core application software, as well as other computer languages (i.e., SQL, Java, Javasript, HTML, ASP.NET, and various Data Analytics software services) utilizing a working knowledge of the software development cycle. Use of analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing, and installation of software programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific data, documents, and information.
- Advanced programming with HTML (forms, tables, and image maps).
- .NET development including Visual Studio.Net, C#.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net 3.5 -4.5, ADO.Net and SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views).
- Using IIS and other Web Servers to create custom programs to suit the needs of the organization.
- Working with relational DBMS and SQL technology to generate reports in ARCU and other applications for data mining such as enterprise content management and internal knowledgebase.
- Developing and supporting mobile applications.
- Streamline and modernize existing application functionalities.
- Development, implementation, debugging & testing of SQL and/or T-SQL queries based on technical specifications designed, as well as from available data dictionaries.
- SQL Administration.
- Data Analytics reports and dashboards including predictive.
- JHA Poweron used in the core banking system.
- Aid in determining project feasibility, cost and time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Track the progress of project deliverables, monitoring progress against schedules, addressing issues, and ensuring on-time completion and delivery.
- Proactively identify enhancement opportunities to continuously improve technologies and applications and effectively deliver information solutions to enhance the company's competitive position.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to effectively implement and integrate new technologies and applications.
- Assist in training developers various databases and applications as required.
- Database maintenance
- Effectively convey difficult technology problems and work plans to multiple audiences, including non-technical and highly-technical experts.
- Thoroughly document all developed applications, programs, and processes.
- Keep manager updated and informed of area activities and significant problems, progress toward established goals and objectives.
- Make recommendations to manager, or assist in development of process or procedure enhancements to increase effectiveness, efficiency and assist in meeting goals.
- Maintain attendance and punctuality in accordance with comapny policy.
- Initiates personal self-development and increases knowledge through own efforts.
- Occasional travel to attend conferences and educational opportunities.
- Importance of being accurate and testing all programs to ensure programs work with minimal error.
- Display high level of flexibility and adaptability to support changing demands associated with job function and responsibilities.
- Facilitate, attend and participate in meetings and assigned training sessions.
- Meet and/or exceed individual goals and objectives as established by the company.
- Support the achievement of goals as established by the company.
- Support the mission, vision and values of the company.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, compliance, safety, and security as they relate to the job and work assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of five years of related work experience
Abilities, Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of OOD (Object Oriented Design) and programming principles, n-tier concepts including well encapsulated layered design.
- Experienced ASP.Net development
- Symitar Episys core banking system development.
- 5+ years' relational database design, development & documentation experience required.
- 5+ years' experience writing SQL, Transactional SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions) required.
- Extensive experience with index tuning strategies and complex query optimization in MS SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of cross browsers and cross platform compatibility issues and solutions.
- Working knowledge and practice in secure code development and design.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer preferred, but not required.
- Ability to comprehend and Client relationships among data elements within system records.
- Is proficient in SSMS, SSRS, and SSIS and is able to add external data sources to existing SQL databases.
- Excellent organizational & communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong data and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to read, speak and write clearly to convey information effectively.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and represent the comapny positively with members, co-workers and management.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to courtesy and tact.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to complex problems.
- Pays close attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness of work output.
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research, investigate and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and difficult in nature.
- Excellent organization, planning, and follow-up skills.
- Work requires analytical ability, judgment and ingenuity.
- A moderate amount of discretion is required to perform the job.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, responsibilities and/or projects.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
- Advanced math skills.
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at http://www.softwareresources.com/it-careers/it-job-search/
Software Resources specializes in IT talent recruitment services and workforce staffing solutions. Founded in 1992 as an IT staffing services firm, we are a privately held women-owned business enterprise (WBE), celebrating our 25th year in business. We are headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, just outside of Orlando. With branches and sales professionals throughout the U.S., Software Resources is the staffing agency of choice for clients and consultants.
We specialize in IT. It's what we do and what we know, every day. We provide contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement IT staffing solutions for Energy, Entertainment/Gaming/New Media, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, and Security.
Job ID: 17-01299
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.